Friday, January 30, 2004

Hornby talks about true Bob Dylan obsessives, and includes himself out, even though he says he probably has more Dylan in his collection than any other artist. I don't quite have as much Dylan as I do say, Monk, or Miles, but on the rock'n'roll shelves one could conclude that I am a Dylan fanatic-- and yet, I'm not. Like Hornby, I know Dylan fanatics-- they have ten disc bootleg collections, they follow him around like Deadheads, they bought the live album with the Dead. That ain't me, babe. No, no, no-- wait-- what I mean is, I don't do that. You want proof? Here's proof: I have no intention of buying "Live 1964" when it comes out in March. I figure I really don't need second (or in some instances third, or even fourth) versions of these songs, even if these versions were recorded at a historic concert that I never heard of. So there you have it.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com