Sunday, February 22, 2004

After I leave the office today I'm running three laps on the Delaware Park ring road (about 5.4 miles) to remind my body what running more than 5K feels like. I've been on the treadmill and Dave and I have had a few morning 5K runs since the cold snap ended, but treadmill running is deadly boring even if you've got "Holidays in the Sun" blasting through the headphones.

Following up on last Sunday's foray into the buzz bands (which resulted in the purchase of Modern Jazz Quartet's "Django" - - I'm sorry, rock and rollers), I ordered the following from Amazon:

ZZ Top, Greatest Hits - sometimes you just have to hear "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" . . . or "Tubesnake Boogie" . . . or "Cheap Sunglasses" . . . or "Pearl Necklace"

Supersuckers, Evil Powers of Rock and Roll - everybody needs more Supersuckers

Cracker, Cracker - the only Cracker record I don't own

Doughboys, Playboys and Cowboys: The Golden Years of Western Swing - I think there are about 100 songs on this collection, for $21!

Various Artists, A Tribute to Ray Davies - Jonathan Richman, Fountains of Wayne, Cracker, Queens of the Stone Age and more


| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com