Saturday, February 21, 2004

I bumped my Saturday workout a bit today-- four miles running, half hour in the pool, along with my usual weekend weight work. I don't know that the swimming is really going to do anything to improve my running, but it is a blast. Because my limit on the treadmill is 5k, I went where the miles are and ran outside, and that's where I learned today's lesson: treadmill miles are one of the things that have been holding me back. It's just not the same as running in the real world, where there is wind (a lot wind, actually) and hills (not so bad, but they were still hills). Sure, going hamster-style is low impact, but that means that when you hit the roads for real, you're that much less well prepared.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com