Friday, February 06, 2004

I felt pretty good about Mr. Ed's-- it was not a race where my time dropped, but it was the first race in a long time where my time didn't improve, and taking the conditions into account, I figured it was a good enough performance. As I thought about it, however, I found myself thinking about how I could train to run the next one faster. For a long time that was my training strategy-- run a race a month, and point towards that race. It worked, but I don't want to be seduced into speed-- distance is what I need to be doing. The real lesson of Mr. Ed's is that I need to get outside. Sure it's cold, sure it's icy, but outside is where the miles are.

That said, anybody going to run the Chilly Challenge?

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com