Sunday, February 29, 2004

When the weather is like this, there is no reason not to tear off a couple of five milers. Saturday I went up Delaware to the park, around the Ring Road, out to Nottingham, over to Elmwood and home. Today I went up the Parkways, over the pedestrian bridge to Nottingham, around the Ring Road (going counterclockwise this time), then down Delaware and home. (A little shy of five, I think, but not by much.) Maybe I wasn't fast, maybe I didn't look so good (all right, I was plan old slow, and I was plan old ugly), but I felt great, and it was great to be out there. I almost didn't make it out today-- it was three o'clock before I stopped putting it off and got my ass in gear, and by the second mile I knew I'd done the right thing. Days like this the reward comes later-- but it was too nice not to get out and do it.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com