Sunday, March 14, 2004

Friday night I played a hockey game with Jim's crew. This meant that in the prior seven days, I played two hockey games, ran a five mile race and did two morning training runs with Dave totaling 7.5 miles. Today Dave and I will do a seven mile run at the Amherst bike path. No rest for the fat and wicked.

Yesterday at the library I picked up a DVD of a 1991 Grateful Dead concert at RFK stadium, just to see what it was like. I started watching it with Margot, but didn't make any editorial comments, although Jerry looked and sounded weak and tired. After a couple of songs (by the way, excellent sound and images, "enhanced" by psychedelic visual effects for the self-medicated crowd), Margot said, "Why are these guys so fat and old?", then, "This music gives me a headache", and then, "How long is this song going to go on, anyway?" I had to agree, it was all pretty silly.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com