Thursday, March 25, 2004

One of the best things about baseball is its sense of style: as suits someone who makes his living in a 19th century profession, I like the 19th century style of The Pastime, and abhor uniform innovations that make the boys of summer look like they are in their jammies. And seriously, has there been an American contribution to the world of fashion greater than the baseball cap? Blue jeans, maybe, but other than that, I don't think so.

With that in mind, I recommend Paul Lukas' "Uni Watch", which updates us on what they'll be wearing in The Show this season. I don't care what he says, I like the retro "TC" Twins cap. I agree that the O's should have orange lettering on their jerseys; and I think that the Padres are hopeless. At least they got rid of the brown and orange numbers (that Steve Garvey said made him look like a taco).

Bonus: Uniform number trivia.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com