Monday, March 29, 2004

Sunday afternoon I ran five SWEET miles in a T-shirt and shorts (first time for that this year). I do like speed work because it forces me to go faster than I normally would. It definitely paid off in last year's Buffalo Marathon relay and the Boilermaker: PRs at both 10K and 15K, by a large margin. Tonight is my last hockey game of the year, so I can now pay a lot more attention to running and lifting.

While running Sunday I pondered the Coors Light "Wing Dog" commercial (Wing Dog has "four legs and a nine inch tail"):

The "smoking hot chicks" at the beach are unapproachable. The boys on the adjacent blanket have (a) a cooler full of Coors Light and (b) a dog [uh, where is a beach that allows that?]. The dog is sent in as an icebreaker; the girls go for it! The boys are invited in. We are led to believe this is the prelude to an evening of drunken sex. However, the chicks don't have a smoking hot poodle, so the dog will have to go home with the Courier Express, as we used to say. Nevertheless, the guy sings that if his dog had a hand, he'd give him a beer. Amen, Wing Dog!


| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com