Sunday, April 18, 2004

One of the things I enjoy about travel is the opportunity it presents to read different newspapers. I don't care enough about what is happening in Baltimore all the time to pick up a copy of The Sun from the out of town rack; my interest in the Cubs can be sated by the agate print; but when I am in a place, the local paper puts me in the proper context. Abroad I need the Trib, domestically, the Times is essential, but even on my day trips to New York, I find that Newsday or The News help me get into the rhythm on the ground. This weekend's visit with EGA made The Boston Globe available. Not as much like the Times as one might guess, and abuse over the Yankees' visit to Fenway, the other big topic was Monday's Marathon. On the front page today was a feature about specialized running shoes, including Nike's Mayfly, a limited- edition sneaker that's good only for 62.1 miles. Three and a half ounces, good for a one percent increase in efficiency, $50 bucks-- I don't see how I can not buy a pair, especially since I held off on buying a pair of Icebugs last winter.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com