Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Shorts and a long sleeved tee shirt today-- if I'd had tights, I'd have worn them. I started out thinking "This is too cold." Outside is where the miles are, though, and the first mile hadn't clicked over before I realized that it was fine, and not too cold at all. I figure that at least once a week I'm going to follow this route: out Delaware to X, (where X= two blocks farther than the week before), over to Main and back.

On an unrelated topic, this Monday is the Boston Marathon. Leave aside the fact that to qualify we'd have to have run a marathon at 8:00 minute mile pace (Dave, you get a break). Think about December 13 last year, and what running has been like over the course of the 18 weeks that followed. There is a school of thought that says it is easier to train for a Spring marathon, because you don't have to train in the heat, but I'm not buying it. I think of this as a sport that can be done in my underwear, and I like it that way.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com