Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I recently learned that there is a woman who works in my office who was, about ten years ago when she was in her mid-forties, a Buffalo News Runner of the Year and a steady winner in her age group. She had to give it up because of bad knees and is now a high school track coach. She is from Scotland, so it's fun to talk to her.

I asked her for some training tips, especially on speed work. When I told her that I usually do 5Ks in about 24:00 and that my last 10K was about 51:00, she said that was way too slow and that I should be able to do much better. She is going to put something together for me, but her basic advice is that you have to run faster, more often, in order to build your endurance and speed.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com