Friday, June 04, 2004

My relay time of 50:45 was a PR for a 10K, faster than last year by 27 seconds. That makes me very happy, but I was also very pleased to see that my time at the five-mile marker was substantially faster than my best time at either the 8K (4.97 mile) Shamrock or Turkey Trot. Hard work does work.

I hope all had a good time at the post-race party. With the influx of Knabs and the tequila, it was all a blur to me. What was intended as a laid back affair didn't turn out that way.

On the Belmont:

I think Smarty Jones will win, but right now his odds are 2-5 and they will only get shorter as we get to post time. I don't even think an exacta will pay much, especially if Rock Hard Ten, who I think is second best, draws a lot of money. Therefore, unless the Racing Form talks me out of it tomorrow, I will be boxing those two in trifectas with one or two other horses, one of whom may be Purge, who won at Belmont two weeks ago against decent competition.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com