Tuesday, July 06, 2004

As Bill says, the nine miler was tough in the heat Saturday morning, but not too tough. I think that we should do the long runs as early in the morning as possible to minimize the heat issues. We both used water bottle belts, and unfortunately, they will be necessary.

This week the Higdon schedule says 3/5/3 with a ten miler on Saturday. The Boilermaker will more than satisfy the long run requirement, but Higdon's mid-week runs are too much to qualify as tapering. My plan is to do a three mile tempo run this evening and then ease up with one more leisurely run, plus my standard pre-Boilermaker two-miler early Saturday morning.

Over the weekend I was in a used bookstore and found the novel upon which the movie "Drugstore Cowboy" was based. It's called "Drugstore Cowboy." Right now I'm reading the new Alexander Hamilton biography (can't wait for the movie) and "The Radetsky March" by Joseph Roth, which is a beautifully written 1932 novel set during the declining years of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (I don't expect there will be a movie). I also just picked up the recent Neil Young biography, "Shakey." Speaking of books and movies, the DVD of Philip Roth's "The Human Stain" should be out by now and and I'm looking forward to seeing it, as I really enjoyed the book.


| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com