Monday, July 12, 2004

An exchange of emails with Michael Beebe culminated with this, which seemed worth sharing: "Get ready for some crowds at Chicago. I ran in 99, and while the overall
experience was positive, I was mightily ticked off at times near the start
when I got behind 5 hour pace groups blocking the road. (Why they were at
the front is beyond my understanding). I wasn't there to set any records and
didn't, but I trained pretty hard for that race and wasted way too much time
getting around pace groups. The Front Line Runners, a gay and lesbian
running club, had by far the best water stand. It was a hoot. There were
also some pretty good bands along the way. I think my favorite part of the
weekend was going to the Goose Island brew pub afterward to rehydrate." Goose Island. Remember that name.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com