Thursday, July 01, 2004

You can call me "Close'n'Play", because I only have one speed. 17:39 at St. Teresa's Comeback Run, 8:01 pace, 17th in my age group. 17:09 for the Captain, 15th in the age group, 7:48 pace. Funny sort of race: the field was full of familiar faces, and there were singlets from every local running club I can think of. Checkers, of course, Lancaster Striders, Belle Watling. It had the look of a regular stop on the tour, which I guess it is. South Buffalo is another country, and this took us over some corners of it that I'd never seen. Reasonable spectator support, which is not surprising: there is a serious running culture there, and it seems like everyone either runs or knows a runner. Funny sort of race: crowded at the start, then everyone seemed to find their pace, and that's how it went, down narrow residential streets, along the banks of Cazenovia Creek, into the park and out, with splits and water along the way, chip timed. Very professional, very well organized.

I wonder about the name, though. Is St. Teresa's comeback like Elvis's? Is she wearing a black jumpsuit?

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com