Thursday, August 05, 2004

I wanted to do my seven last night, when I got back from NYC, but A wanted to go out to dinner. EGA wanted to go to Towne, and A felt like that was the right neighborhood, but maybe a restaurant or two over was more what she had in mind, so we went to Aqua. I had a respectable smoked salmon sushi thing, and what the menu described as "Pork Wings". These turned out to be three pretty meaty spareribs in an undistinguished barbecue sauce. It probably wasn't KC's Masterpiece, but I wouldn't sign an affidavit. EGA had a disappointingly mushy mushroom risoto, and A had a seafood cassolet. It had three or four nice looking langostines, mussels, clams-- but, weirdly for a dish where the broth was probably the nicest part, there was no bread. Our waiter, who was clearly just biding his time until the next "L'll Abner" revival, was a Bad Service Hall of Fame candidate, although amiable enough.

I ran my seven today at lunch.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com