Tuesday, August 10, 2004

It has been a couple of years since I'd been for a run in Central Park. When my brother lived on 92nd Street we'd go run around the Reservoir (twice, I think, for 5k from his apartment). Yesterday I ran a loop around nearly the entire park, an Olmsted masterpiece improved by the presence of women in sports bras. There are parts with some modest grade, although nobody would describe any part of it as being hilly; it is mostly in the shade, and it is busy. There are people to pass, and people who passed me, bicyclists, horses, and the pleasure of being in a green place. Being able to see the towers of Manhattan as you run is what really makes this a pleasure. I ran five miles out of pure exuberance.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com