Saturday, August 14, 2004

Well, that was interesting. 15 shouldn't have felt like that-- I hit the wall like I don't think I ever have before just before we got to the Grand Island Bridge, and although I was able to pull it back together to finish, I was spent. I was actually cold when I got home, like I had no calories left to burn.

I think the answer is going to include (A) a better breakfast. I had a Cliff Bar, which is about as much as I feel like choking down at that hour. I need to rethink that. (B) sports drink instead of water. I want the carbs. (C) Gu.

I recovered fairly well-- rode my bike to work, where I am now-- but I need to be stronger on these long runs, and I think being properly fueled is going to be part of the answer.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com