Saturday, September 04, 2004

Today's lesson is, "You Can't Cheat on Miles". What with one thing and another I hadn't run since turning in a hurtin'' six a week and a half ago-- and I paid for it today, turning in a pokey 16 instead of the 18 I was supposed to do. I'll make it up-- today's 16 was more ground than I thought I'd cover, and I hung on better than I had any reason to expect I would.

Man, it is dark in Delaware Park at 6:00 AM. There are more people there than you'd think, and to my surprise none of them were Basil Rathbone or Lon Chaney, Jr. . Because it was so dark when we started, four laps around the Ring Road weren't so bad: the scenery kept changing as it got brighter, it was pretty to watch the sun come up and the mist on the golf course burn away, and Tom was in a particularly funny groove. I wish I could say that the five laps around the lake were as enjoyable, but by that time we were two hours in, and two hours in is where I begin to struggle. I have a month to work on that.

I presented a pretty comical sight getting on and off my bike, I can tell you. It's a downhill run, so that was no problem, but getting my leg high enough to get over the seat was a real challenge.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com