Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Whoever described the aftermath of a long run as being like a hangover nailed it-- I was barely functioning yesterday, and took the elevator up and down the single flight of stairs to and from my office. And today, I'm okay. Maybe not ready to fight my weight in tigers, but certainly capable of my five miler. This is a traveling week for me, so fitting in my miles is going to be tricky-- but I'll be seeing some new stuff, and that should be an incentive. Not that the scenery Sunday was bad-- I was thinking of making a list: Things I Saw On the 20 Miler. A shambling guy with a mullet walking along the Riverwalk pulling on a liter bottle of Black Velvet; Roadkill deer; the guys on Niagara Street who saw me stagger up from Hamilton and said, "Oh my gawd, look at this man!"

Hal Higdon, who wants more control over your life than Scientology calls for has a recovery program, too. I like the sound of Week Zero.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com