Sunday, October 03, 2004

26:03 watch time at the Yalem this morning, faster than I meant to go, but I couldn't help it. When you are taking it easy at the back like that there are so many people that need to be passed that reverse splits just happen. It was a pleasure to be piped in by Jim, who didn't bother to hang around for the finish because I foolishly neglected to bring beer. It was a glorious morning for a race, and gave me one more chance to run an equipment shakedown. I have always run in sunglasses, but I got contacts specifically because glasses are such a nuisance on a run. I went yesterday with only one contact (the other, it turned out, was lodged in the commodious bags that surround my eyes)-- and it was still better than glasses, which steam, smudge, bounce, slip and are otherwise thirteen kinds of bother. I like the running shades I got-- the make my face feel like a Ferrari-- but I think I'll just go with a cap for sun protection. next week.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com