Monday, November 22, 2004

Who said no more lists? Well, it's been a while.50 Greatest Covers. (Via kottke.) A very Brit oriented list, but you could carve a decent Top 20 out of it. I love Richard Thompson's "Oops I Did it Again"-- but do I love it enough to put on my all time list? John Cale's "Heartbreak Hotel" is on mine, and Patti Smith's "Gloria", too. Can't argue with the Who's "Summertime Blues", or Devo's "Satisfaction", either. C'mon, though, the Flying Lizards? I don't think The Flying Burrito Bros's "Wild Horses" qualifies-- didn't the Stones steal it from Parsons? The Coltrane has no business on a list like this, but I concur absolutely in the Number One.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com