Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I'm in. Stupid? Probably, but I'm at the place right now where I reckon the thing to do is to do it-- no point in saying, "Another time." Right now I'm heathy and in shape-- a confluence of events that is rare enough for me to want to take advantage of it. I figure an eight miler a week through December, then bump my miles once a week through January. A couple of long runs in February-- a 12 and a 14 ought to do it, maybe a visit to the Ridge, and I'm braced for Palm Sunday.

Blister issues held me to six Sunday. It wasn't really cold, but the sun was solstice-like, casting light but not heat, giving everything a winter look, even though the Meadow was green, even though there were still golfers out there. Too bad-- rounding into my second time around the park I was thinking to myself, "The only thing that can stop me today is getting bored." Wrong again, but that's okay. There is a school of thought that says it is easier to train for distance in the cold weather-- hydration is less of an issue, for one thing-- but I'm a bit concerned about where I'll run. I can handle cold, but ice is another matter.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com