Monday, December 20, 2004

My Around the Bay plan is proof that I have serious memory problems. I ran eight Saturday, and it was quite nice-- the weather was clear and crisp, I was dressed exactly right, and I felt strong. I was also wiped out by the end of the day, and woke up in an armchair with the newspaper on the floor next to me after about an hour nap that snuck up behind me. I'd forgotten how tired the miles made me, and now that I remember, I'm wondering about the time commitment. Early morning is less appealing in the winter-- I want the heat of the day, thanks. My original thought was that I could sort of sneak up on 30k, but I can see now that I am going to have to be more methodical, and I'm wondering where I'm going to be able to find trails that are clear enough to run the sort of distance I'll need.

On the other hand, it is nice to be able to tear off an eight mile run. The summer's training has left me with the knowledge that I can go for more distance, and go comfortably, than I'd ever have thought.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com