Saturday, January 22, 2005


I love January, don't get me wrong, but Januarys are tough. Sure, the holidays are over, so that's good, but the pace of work ramps up pretty quick once the new year starts, and January is when I teach, so there are some long days. Even so, I had put today aside to run at least 10k, and maybe 8 miles, and I was resolved to be undetered by weather. I suppose it may be technically possible to go out and run in weather like this-- I am sure that as I write this there are people doing it-- but I am not one of them. Look, I'm not proud of this, but I hadn't gotten a quarter mile before my original resolution changed to something entirely new. My new resolution began with an "F" and ended with a "this", and I cursed every step I'd taken away from the house as I retraced those steps, as fast as a pancake man. I suppose that if I'd had to get the serum to Nome I'd have found a way, but since, as far as I know, Nome has all the serum it needs, I'm done for the day. Posted by Hello

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com