Friday, January 14, 2005

WBFO was playing something notably awful, so I thought I'd drift over to The Lake and revisit the music of my late adolescence. The tune that came on had a bouncy, hand-drum sound, and it was sure familiar, but couldn't quite identify it. Then the vocal came in, and it was Dave Mason, "Feelin' Alright". Wow, Dave Mason-- can someone tell me what that was supposed to be about? Maybe they figured it would be a good idea to have a backup Eric Clapton, just in case. Maybe he was an Eric Clapton, from an alternate dimension, like the Spock with a beard. And wouldn't that episode have been better if everyone in the alternate dimension had a beard? It'd be like the ZZ Top Universe.

Dave Mason. Back when the Eric Clapton from our Earth was making a lot of records with Yvonne Ellman (he'd heard "Jesus Christ Superstar" and thought the world of it, I guess), Dave Mason made an album with Cass Elliot. I used to own it, but I only played it once, and I couldn't tell you anything about it today, except that it was a Dave Mason album with Cass Elliot. I couldn't make that up.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com