Monday, February 14, 2005

Saturday I lacked ambition, but I tore off a ten miler Sunday, which was nice. It was warm enough to make the footing reasonably good, the sun was out, and it felt like I could have kept going. In a perfect world I'd have run in the Lockport 10 Mile, the day before but that was logistically out of the question. The interesting thing is that distance is not really an issue after what we have been through-- an hour and a half, two hours of running-- hey, if you have the time, it can be done, and this is different for me.

Looking over the calendar, I note that the half marathons in the area are all front-loaded in the Spring. That isn't going to work for me, but there is a half marathon in Central Park August 28 that might be worth thinking about, and the Staten Island Half Marathon on October 16, along the waterfront, might be very nifty-- the view would be pretty amazing.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com