Thursday, September 01, 2005

Pedro Martinez has been a stud all season, and the Mets have utterly failed him, so I can't howl the way I'd like to howl about last night's game. It was painful last week to find myself surrounded by people in BoSox caps, particularly since (a)the Mats were on a West Coast swing, so the box scores were always a day late; and (ii) The Globe barely acknowledges the existence National League under the best of circumstances. The Mets have been having a tantalizing season-- almost good enough, but never quite there. I suppose I should be happy, since I reckoned they'd be doing well if they managed to flirt with .500, but instead I find myself thinking that they should be a Wild Card, and they could be even with the Tribe and the Yanks-- but they aren't. You can't even say that this is the kind of year that they can build on? Build on what? If your foundation is flukiness, you're living in Toonville.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com