Monday, October 31, 2005

I went out to the Ridge yesterday afternoon to put in some end of autumn miles. A guy caught up with me just after the bridge, and we fell into step. He'd run the Philharmonic Athletic Club's Chestnut Ridge Challenge 10K the day before, and in the course of our conversation he told me that he'd won the 50-59 age group. Looking it up, I see that my running companion was Richard Deren of Blasdell, and he turned in a snappy 44:03. We weren't going at anything like that pace yesterday, but it was nice to have someone along to keep me honest on those hills.

When I got to the parking lot, there were three llamas being unloaded from trailers. Always happy to see a llama, I asked if there was going to be a race, but the two women who were the llamas' keepers said no, they were just there for a walk. Can somebody explain for me what kind of a llama has to be taken to the park for a walk? Don't the sorts of people who have llamas live in the country? It seemed very odd to me, but I'm sure I saw them.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com