Thursday, June 29, 2006

Went out and did a pokey four yesterday at lunch. A and the daughters were out last night, so I watched "Without Limits", a Steve Prefontaine biopic that I'd put on the Netflix que, and which was received with howls from my family when it showed up in the mailbox. As a psych-up it was pretty good, but what surprised me was that it worked really well as a movie. What really impressed me was that they managed to capture the tactics and the drama of 5K on the track. Robert Towne wrote and directed, Donald Sutherland played Bill Bowerman. Pre is an interesting figure: a fourth place record in the Munich Olympics, but a runner that people still remember well enough that Nike put out a line named for him this year. Recommended, notwithstanding my family's scorn.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com