Sunday, July 16, 2006

I thought I'd scout out the Clarence bike path, so I threw my bike on the car and rode out to the country. Right off Main Street on Salt Road there is a parking lot where one of them starts. It's a rails-to-trails deal, very flat, very straight, slightly over five miles out, five miles back. At the 3.1 mile mark it branches-- on the way back I took the fork and found that it went four miles out.

It has a much more rural feel than the Amherst path. You see the occasional backyard, there was the back of a trailer park, and it runs by part of a golf course, but it is mostly wooded, or farmland. Very little shade, and you'd want to be sure to bring water. It would be a nice change of pace for an easy ten miler, I'd say, not as nice as the river, not as challenging as the Ridge, but something different.

I'll check out the Peanut Line, maybe next week.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com