Monday, April 16, 2007

I like to listen to other people's stories about running, mostly, I guess, because if I listen politely sometimes they give me a turn after they are done. I listened to my physician's assistant's story Friday (injured-- so sad). And Sunday, when asked, I described the LA Marathon to friends over brunch. "It was fine for the first 22 miles or so," I told them, "And then it was Golgotha." They laughed, and one asked, "So, are you done now? Have you got this out of your system?" Actually, I haven't, and I said as much. As I write this Boston has pretty much wrapped up-- I'd still be out there, but I'd have to get there first. I'd say my best shot is to get so old that the qualifying time comes back toward me, but I suppose I could get faster.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com