Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tim Keown, at ESPN notes, "David Wells will get all the attention for criticizing Clemens for not traveling with the Yankees when he isn't scheduled to pitch on a road trip, but if you're looking for more reasoned criticism, try this from Greg Maddux: 'I can't imagine doing that. I like the game. I like the atmosphere. I appreciate what it has to offer. I want to play the whole year.'"

I think that is a great point. The old timers used to say, "When you're rushing out of the clubhouse, you're rushing out of baseball", and I've always felt that way about my job, too.

Clemens mostly makes Boston fans crazy, but that doesn't mean that other people can't get in on the fun. Actually, Bill Simmons, the High Priest of Hating Clemens has Ten Reasons why he's glad Roger("No I in Team, but there is a Me in Clemens") Clemens has re-upped with the Yanks. I like #3-- "He burned his bridges with yet another city (Houston). Love when that happens." For my money, the fact that the Mets have a winning record against him is something that I remember from time to time, and just feel good about.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com