Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's been a funny sort of baseball season-- the Yankees were out of it early-- I'm sure not even Joe Torre thought they'd see the post season back at the All Star break, and now who would bet against them winning the division?

Cleveland, 92-63 as of this writing, the best winning percentage in baseball. I can't figure out how they have done it.

And my Metropolitans. This was supposed to be their year, but they are hanging by a thread. The good news is that if they make the post season, I don't think there's anybody else in the league that can beat them. The bad news is that nobody else will have to-- the Mets are completely capable of finding a way to beat themselves. I think I feel the worst about Willie Randolph-- I've been pulling for him to get a managing gig for years, the Mets should be a perfect fit for him, and if they screw this up I'd have to say that the lion's share of the blame will be his.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com