Sunday, November 25, 2007


It was shorts and singlets weather in Prospect Park Thursday morning, but I hadn't brought any, and so went with tights. The KRAC singlets were well received at a race that has grown quite a bit over the years that I've run it. The race is 30 years old, and is run by the Prospect Park Track Club, rather than the New York Road Runners-- somewhat unusual in New York. It's the only show in town, which is also odd- you would expect to see a race in Central Park, but there isn't one, maybe because it would be complicated by the Macy's Parade. There were 1,200 runners out,(1,162 finishers)a much bigger turnout than I have ever seen, and a bigger turnout than I think they were expecting. I was slow, but EGA was pretty respectable, and both of us finished happy.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com