Sunday, February 24, 2008

It was the kind of February day you hope for and seldom see, clear, sunny, bright. It has been a while since I ran the Chilli Challenge, but there is nothing quite so nice as walking over to the start of a race- it is actually closer to my front door than the Subaru. Jim had said that he was going to try to make it, and Dave had signed up in advance, probably some sort of high school grudge, a karmic payback. When I walked in, I stopped by Captain X's class composite-- unfortunately he is on the DL (intestine) and couldn't make the scene. Dave had already been, and left a teddy bear, and when Jim came he stopped by and poured out a 40.

Dave had places to go after, but Jim and I hoisted a couple back at Big Pink. Jim had a notion that he'd go home and break out the bagpipes, which would have made it a Jim Jarvis Hat Trick on the day, I reckon.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com