Monday, May 26, 2008

Each time I run one I like 13.1 better. Yesterday was about as nice a morning for this sort of thing as you'll see, blue skies, cool breeze off the lake. I like the course, too, which emphasizes the waterfront. The second leg takes the runners through the nicest parts of the city-- it really is a race that shows Buffalo off to its best advantage.

The real story was Nancy N., who blazed over the track with a 1:55.3 (8:47 pace). Preparation has its rewards. So does grit, of course, as demonstrated by Scrap Iron Jarvis, 1:55:36 (8:50 pace). And having a charming personality is apparently also helpful, as Dave showed with a snappy 1:59:22 (9:07 pace).

Possessed of none of these qualities, I was nevertheless pleased with my 2:29:15. Since I was so badly under-trained, my plan going in was to be well-rested, and it seems to have worked. I'm thinking of it as a foundation for the rest of the season.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com