Wednesday, June 11, 2008

For a sport you can do in your underwear, there are still a lot of tech-y things about running. I want a heartrate monitor, sort of. I like Nancy's iPod toy, although I'm not really into listening to music when I run. It sounds like the new iPhone with its GPS functionality may be something I want to look into.

But mostly it's all about the shoes. When I was a schoolboy the technology was still rudimentary. Nylon was the latest high-tech material. I remember my first pair of spikes-- and how cool it was to use the little spike wrench to swap out the longer spikes used on cinder tracks for the shorter pin spikes used on synthetic tracks.

I want a pair of these rice husk shoes sooo bad.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com